Author Topic: weights  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Sven Kowalik

• retired
weights
« on: Monday, 12. October 2015, 12:07:36 »
from the regulations
The maximum weight that can be carried is 100 kg.  If a car carrying the maximum wins a race, they are given a 'supermaximum' of 150 kg.

i don't get the difference between MAXIMUM and SUPERmaximum. For me it means the maximum IS 150kg and makes the 100kg mentioning obsolete  :think:

If so, is the calculation for loosing weight from 150kg on the same than it is wth 100kg?

Offline Wolfgang Kronthaler

• GT3 Masters Champ 15/16
Re: weights
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 12. October 2015, 12:24:47 »
The weights are from the FIA GT regulatory, class GT1. So far so good.  The series doesn´t  exist anymore which is a big pity, because there were really cool cars involved.

150kg are not the regular maximum, because a driver which already got 90kg for example and finished 2. place will not get 90kg + 30kg = 120kg. This driver will get 100kg for the next race. Or if you are carrying 100kg and you finish 2. place will make no difference for you in the next race.

Therefor it is correct to call the 150kg a "Supermaximum", because only a driver that wins a race with already carrying 100 kg can be "awarded" to the supermaximum. And yes, loosing weight from "Supermaximum" follows the same rules as from the "normal" weights range.

To be honest: I loved this rule when i read about it at the FIA GT regulatory. We got a Kristoffer Holm at the last rF Season, and his performance in the Godzilla was very dominant. A "Supermaximum" would have been cool then..

So Sven, your goal is "Supermaximum", if you got this you will be named Sven "Supermaximum" Kowalik.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: Monday, 12. October 2015, 12:26:30 by Wolfgang Kronthaler »

Offline Sven Kowalik

• retired
Re: weights
« Reply #2 on: Monday, 12. October 2015, 12:44:33 »
ok, now even i've understood that  :grandpa: 8)

anything