Author Topic: Some insights at my thinking  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Wolfgang Kronthaler

• GT3 Masters Champ 15/16
Some insights at my thinking
« on: Sunday, 08. November 2015, 10:51:59 »
What came to my mind recently:

'What type of Simracer am I?', so i start thinking:

• I only are interested in Onlineracing against other real humans. I am not interested in offline racing against KI. Never been.
  • I mainly race with one particular carmake, ATM it is the BMW z4 GT3. This is because i want to raise my skills with this carmake and don't loose time by driving other cars.
  • I mainly race the track where our next race is. Again, i do this to raise my skills and i have to focus my possibilities because of my limited free time.

Then i figured out that in principal IRacing would be the perfect platform for me. This sim focus' is at multiplayer only, and you have to buy the cars/tracks you want to drive, so you have to be focused at this bought stuff. All of this fits to my 3 points above. So why i am not racing with IRacing? Because i am stuck with most of you here, we know each other some years now, i met some of you in real life once ore twice. Sven and i also founded NRE and we did some business together also. So many reasons.

And IRacing could be quite expensive. I heard about Black Friday sales and some other sales discount. But it would be a lot more expensive than Assetto Corsa for example. BUT IRacing would guarantee me a more sophisticated online racing experience than the actual situation. 
IRacing is focused at US racing cars. Yes, there is some European content, but not that many. This will change in mid 2016, when they will release their licensed Blancpain GT3 series. The same content we simulate here.

So please don't blame me, but if we stuck here at the actual situation where we are not sure if we can start a race because there are too less drivers present, i have to rethink a lot of things for the far future. I am pleased with AC, and there is still progress to improve the multiplayer part. On the other hand I recognized that most of the AC driver base are racing offline only. Maybe the old fashioned style of a racing league with a serious approach is not the way nowadays to get the grid filled. Don't know  :dunno: . All we can offer is a basis for serious online racing. We are trying to sophisticate you, but the engagement have to be done at the driver side.

So lets race today  :driver:

Offline Stefan Meissner

• NRE Webmaster
  • Premier User
Re: Some insights at my thinking
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 08. November 2015, 17:10:00 »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and worries.

one question I have:
How did you recognize that most of the AC driver base are racing offline only?

A couple a weeks ago I watched an interview with Stefano from Kunos he gave before the release of AC.
What I got from his words is that he is a physics junkie and this is where the focus is in AC. This guy doesn't even need other players on track to get excited. He likes to simulate cars, not necessarily races.
This explains why multiplayer capabilities got neglected for so long in AC what might have disappointed a lot of sim racers who had high expectations in this respect. Those people are now playing iRacing or whatever where multiplayer racing is first priority.
For Kunos it doesn't make any difference if a customer races online or offline, for iRacing it matters.

Let's see what is happening over the next couple of months, apparently the new beta AC server is much more robust when high ping players are present. At least they do something for multiplayer now.

I'll be there tonite  :driver:

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 08. November 2015, 17:23:07 »
one question I have:
How did you recognize that most of the AC driver base are racing offline only?

http://steamspy.com/app/244210

« Reply #3 on: Monday, 09. November 2015, 13:56:37 »