Author Topic: Cockpit ideas...blueprints...racerig...gameseats and other stuff  (Read 813 times)

Offline Stev Aladisch

• Open License
  • GT3 Masters Champion 2016/2017
Cockpit ideas...blueprints...racerig...gameseats and other stuff
« on: Monday, 26. September 2016, 08:55:08 »
hey there,
after selling my racerig i lost immediatly interest in driving (and also 2seconds on track) :dunno:

so i thought it would be good to see how you guys manage it, or if you have some ideas.

i will start with an in progress idea...
i want to use my office chair with an pedal ADDON...what means remove 5 of the office chair wheels and plug them into a kind of add on which holds the pedals...so you can easily remove and add it and also don't need plenty of room if you got problems with your space :yeah: the addon i made in the past of wood but i plan a new version with waste pipe (do you translate Abflussrohr in this way?)

has somebody already seen something like this and maybe can give some links...or for any other easy projects? :D

greetings
911 Sportscar Competition

Offline Wolfgang Kronthaler

• GT3 Masters Champ 15/16
Re: Cockpit ideas...blueprints...racerig...gameseats and other stuff
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 26. September 2016, 12:19:45 »
I use the unused 2nd chair of our kitchen set. My pedals are made of full metal (homebuild), together with rubberplates at the bottom of the pedals they aren´t moving anyway..

Do you need the chair for usual office working as well? Or is this just for racing?

If I would have to buy all new: Office Chair with stands instead of wheels. About the pedals it depends on how your pedals and your desk looks like. Maybe you can build a flat bar from one side of the desk to the other and place the pedals on it. You can even think of building this bar with a hinge to swing it up when you don´t need it.

Why the hell you sold your rig when you´ve planned your comeback?  :wtf:
BTW: Most important, more than a racing rig: A correct FOV in the game which reflect the real one.

Offline Stev Aladisch

• Open License
  • GT3 Masters Champion 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Monday, 03. October 2016, 19:20:59 »

Why the hell you sold your rig when you´ve planned your comeback?  :wtf:

no space in my room :(
but searching for a cheap alternative which i can fold up or switch together...best in combination with my office chair
911 Sportscar Competition

Offline Wolfgang Kronthaler

• GT3 Masters Champ 15/16
« Reply #3 on: Monday, 03. October 2016, 19:24:33 »
You could replace the wheels at the chair with  sliders..

mobile greets, Wolfgang

anything