Author Topic: Now we race Porsche, what´s next?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Wolfgang Kronthaler

• GT3 Masters Champ 15/16
Now we race Porsche, what´s next?
« on: Friday, 27. October 2017, 14:32:44 »
OK, we have lot of fun and a challenging series atm. We have to think about the future, what shall we race after the Porsche Cup?

In general, shall we do a single car series again or something like GT4 (not GT3, ... yet).

Original Kunos cars for a Cup can be (in alphabetic order, no preferences, may not be all possible - just my fast choice):

Abarth
Audi TT Cup/VLN (very common used in leagues... there are pro´s and contra´s about this point)
BMW M235i Racing
Lotus 3 Eleven
Mazda MX5 Cup
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
Lotus Exige V6 Cup
KTM XBow

Some Custom Cars:

Renault RS 01
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/r-s-01-by-acm-modding-team.17402/
Ginetta SuperCup
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-supercup-2017.17522/
Caterham:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/caterham-academy-2017.17855/ , the Caterham would fit perfectly for either short addon tracks or the short versions of some of the Kunos tracks.

Shall we allow Electronics again to reduce the pain for the drivers? Only ABS would be a good compromise...

Offline Tim Meuris

• Premier User
  • PRC17-EUR Champion
Re: Now we race Porsche, what´s next?
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 27. October 2017, 23:08:42 »
It is idd a fun championship.
So glad it's one with a round every two weeks instead of every week and not falling in a weekend. Keeps it really manageable for me.
And I'm learning more as you have the time to experiment a bit.

Around the 16th of december my son will be born and with all the christmasparties around that time as well, racing a new series will become difficult before halfway january for me.

The detail for cars in ac is amazing so I'm not a fan of mods tbh, although there are skilled modders (trackmods are different but I'll skip carmods).
I've driven the abarth and the mx5 before in a league: massive fun I had with them!. Also longing for driving a car with a H-shifter again.  8)
I think you can combine these two cars as well if you add a bit of ballast to the abarth iirc.
But I would drive every kunoscar you mentioned there, if it suits my schedule.

my 2 cents  :yes:

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 28. October 2017, 19:32:16 »
Loool, just had a first try with the Caterham. Track Nurburgring short, offline race with some AI´s. This could be the car for a fun series that some of the guys want here that much.

Give it a try. My first choice for a fun series, because it is SUCH an iconic car..
« Last Edit: Saturday, 28. October 2017, 19:35:30 by Wolfgang Kronthaler »

Offline Frans van der Linden

• Premier User
« Reply #3 on: Friday, 03. November 2017, 00:43:02 »
Lotus Exige V6 Cup :driver: :driver: :driver:

« Reply #4 on: Friday, 03. November 2017, 06:46:10 »
Also a good choice. :top:

sent from my mobile, cheers!

Offline Tim Meuris

• Premier User
  • PRC17-EUR Champion
« Reply #5 on: Friday, 03. November 2017, 13:39:04 »
The most interesting of the bunch imo.  8)

« Reply #6 on: Friday, 03. November 2017, 15:44:30 »
The Lotus Exige V6 Cup delivers too less HP my personal taste :thumbdown: ;) . Means not that it is not a good choice tough. Just my opinion.

Give the Renault R.S.01 a try. Although not at final state it is a very good mod car. And it´s used in real world as a cup car as well. And it is a beauty. And got lots of power as well  8)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Sport_R.S._01
« Last Edit: Friday, 03. November 2017, 15:48:19 by Wolfgang Kronthaler »

Offline Oyvind Andersen

• Open License
« Reply #7 on: Friday, 03. November 2017, 22:42:36 »
What about a VLN series with slightly different cars, which are quite similar in effect

Offline Tim Meuris

• Premier User
  • PRC17-EUR Champion
« Reply #8 on: Friday, 03. November 2017, 22:53:11 »
I don't believe in (car)mods tbh. Too much guesswork.
If you see how close Kunos can work together with manufacturers while most modders never have that opportunity, although they can be skilled.
Kunos have worked with Ferrari on the recent f1car and even them weren't given the exact data but values close enough to be in the 'realistic zone'.
So for modders creating these cars behind their computer it's even more 'wet fingerwork'. As you can see, I take this (a bit too) serious.   :grandpa:

And concerning the lack of power:
I don't really mind, Wolfgang, as it enables for more close racing. (btcc is most entertaining racing imo)  :driver: :driver:
(And maybe easier controllable cars for people with not much practisetime)

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, 04. November 2017, 10:01:07 »
Looks like we got 2 opinions here, which is good for the discussion ;)

I´ve seen many mods over the years that were at least at the same level as "original" ones. It´s not that difficult to get suspension, gearbox, clutch, differential and also engine data from low level racing cars like the caterham for example. Modders also can learn a lot from the original cars and in addition they often have access to a racing team using the specific racecar (The F3 mod for example). In combination with a talented 3D modeler modders can produce wonderful cars.
The most difficult part of the physics are the tires and the CoG (Center of Gravity). But this is often guesswork (like that word  :gamer:) for the game producers as well.

At the end an original or mod car have to be plausible for simracers. And at least for the Caterham I can agree to that. I´d wish you would own a VR, especially the Caterham is such a pleasure with all the free space around where you can move your head naturally and see all in 3D. I hope for you XMAS brings the correct gifts ;)

I agree that powerful cars are a challenge, especially when using no aids. For the next series with powerful cars we will use the some of the factory aids again. The Porsche Series without any aids was intended to brings up our skills again (which became stunted by using GT3´s with ABS and TC all the years), and what I read from the count of Registrations many of you agree to this. So I agree to less powerful cars for the next series, but without aids.

When the PRC is over we surely have an off-time until Mid-January. Many of us are busy during December and may be on vacation as well. We will use the meantime to nail down the decision for the next series.

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, 04. November 2017, 10:02:44 »
Just found a VR video of the caterhams at YT:

Offline Frans van der Linden

• Premier User
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, 04. November 2017, 13:55:32 »
the Lotus Elise SC is also fun  not so fast i agree, but the more fun and more close racing imo

« Last Edit: Saturday, 04. November 2017, 13:56:27 by Frans van der Linden »

Offline Oyvind Andersen

• Open License
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, 04. November 2017, 15:10:50 »
Here is NRE, s next series.
Legendary NSU TTs Cup, funny and tight racing :)

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, 04. November 2017, 17:20:41 »
Link?

sent from my mobile, cheers!

Edit: Ohh, Raceroom. False game, sorry ;)

« Last Edit: Saturday, 04. November 2017, 19:01:15 by Wolfgang Kronthaler »

Offline Oyvind Andersen

• Open License
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, 04. November 2017, 21:06:25 »
False Games?  :wall: :wall: Raceroom is very good game, the game is free and download and there are lots of cars and tracks. I recommend and test it :)
NSU is lovely and  :driver: