Linked Events

• NetracingEurope: Porsche Racing Cup Event #1: Barcelona: Thursday, 21. September 2017

Author Topic: NetracingEurope: Porsche Racing Cup Event #1: Barcelona  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Sebastian Hauer

• Open License
Re: NetracingEurope: Porsche Racing Cup Event #1: Barcelona
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, 24. September 2017, 15:05:43 »
Arg... Better when I said nothing. XD now I have lower points that before hahaha

Gesendet von meinem LG-H870 mit Tapatalk

Offline Frans van der Linden

• Premier User
« Reply #46 on: Monday, 25. September 2017, 14:56:04 »
Oh, I just got it. You use augmented reality, VERY cool :) Could you tell us a bit more of this? I read somewhere how to realize it, but forgot about...

If in a race 2 drivers drive for 1 team, the points should be devided by 2  ( :2 )
and if only1 driver for a team, then it stays as it is.

This is more realistic...
Otherwise the teams with 2 drivers will always have a advantage.

And still, if the 2 drivers have the best result, the points will also be the highest.
For example:

driver 1   race 1  20 points
driver 2   race 1  12 points

Together 32 points, divided by 2 = 16 points
and so on...

This is how it is done by (almost) every race community.

Then it also doesn't matter if your teammate shows-up or not!

I dont want to sound like i am whining our interfere the NRE community
Just my 2 cents!

Offline Wolfgang Kronthaler

• Premier User
  • GT3 Masters Champ 15/16
« Reply #47 on: Monday, 25. September 2017, 15:45:05 »
Frans, please show me a situation in real racing where this method is used. The strength of a team IS to show up together, not to find math methods to equal everything out. In the past we give provisionals, means the worst 2 results of every driver have been deleted (incl. Team points). This way either 2 bad races or missed races will not count. But with a short season like the PRC17 with only 6 Events this made no sense for me in the planning stage.

I have no chance to count the team results different to the driver result. And to be honest, in 20 years of simracing i never heard about anyone doing this. Makes no sense in my eyes...

We can talk about a system where absent drivers will be given the points behind the last driver that finished. I would do this if the majority wants this. For me personally it would be unfair to the drivers which have been shown up. But as said, if the majority of the drivers like to have it they will get it.

mobile greets, Wolfgang

P.S.: Will try at the evening if the old system with the provisionals would work with the PREM software.. In a case like the one Tim (and you) got with fatalities in the family it is different to other cases of missing a race for whatever reason... Can´t promise, but i will try.
« Last Edit: Monday, 25. September 2017, 16:04:04 by Wolfgang Kronthaler »

• Premier User
« Reply #48 on: Monday, 25. September 2017, 20:48:25 »
@Frans: It´s very appreachiate when anybody is thinking about possible improvements. Thanks for this.  :thumbup:

I just checked the possibilities of PREM. Unfortunately it is NOT possible atm to edit any given points. Means they are summed dynamical depending of the points scheme that has been set. I cannot give a driver a "Streichresultat" (damn, there exists no english word for this, means only the best xx results are counting towards the Drivers' Championship) for lets say for two of the 12 races.

EXAMPLE , this have been one of my 2 bad races last season. sTracker had this possibilities... Why I changed to PREM? Because PREM stores all in an usual MySQL DB instead of sTracker´s SQLite, which is located NOT at our Webspace...

The good point is that Stefan and I should be able to talk a bit about the above cases at the upcoming weekend. Maybe we´ll find a way to use "Streichresultate" again.
« Last Edit: Monday, 25. September 2017, 20:49:08 by Wolfgang Kronthaler »

• Premier User