Author Topic: New Weather System  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Wolfgang Kronthaler

• GT3 Masters Champ 15/16
New Weather System
« on: Monday, 03. August 2015, 13:16:43 »
You may noticed: We have now several possibilities regarding the Weather, even fog is possible  :wall:

Beside the graphical side, air and track temperatures differ also. For example, i set 35°C with clear weather, and 15°C with heavy cloudy weather. This 20° air (and ~ track) temperature makes a lot difference when it comes to set up the car. The weather changes randomly from sesson to session. So it is possible that we qualify at clear, hot weather and have to do the race then with cold and cloudy.

There is one significant pro: It´s much much more realistic than static weather.

Contras:
  • Much more setup work if you want to be ready for a changing weather condition. For example: It is very difficult to set up the tires at 15°C air temperature. They are mainly below the optimum temperature window (75-105). If you set up the car to get proper tire temps, you may burn them if you have to use this settings at hot temperature.
  • PQ times may not be able to compare to each other.

For my personal taste i would go on with realistic weather. But since this belongs to everyone, we have to discuss it.

Offline Damian Sieradzki

• Open License
Re: New Weather System
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 05. August 2015, 15:58:53 »
I am always keen on improving racing experience to be as realistic as possible. Also NRE schedule is loose enough to have plenty of time to prepare for each race on a many kinds of levels. But:
1) if the fog is not made by Kunos (not optimized mod) I would not go for that kind of solutions. Some of us may have older machines and with full grid and fog may experience some significant frame drops.
2) we don't know what surprises (that can make setup making process even more complicated ) will Kunos prepare in the near future (dynamic track ect )
3) if you really want to go for weather system, it has to be final/stable version. No "beta's" allowed.

I would not use weather system this season yet, and weather information should be added into calendar (clouds, temperature)

Cheers

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 05. August 2015, 19:25:40 »
Uh, i can filter what weather we´ll get. Not in 100 years i would race when it´s foggy ;)

I would offer 3 weather situations:
Clear = hot 35°C
Light cloudy = 25°C
Heavy cloudy = 15°C

Assetto Corsa would then switch randomly between these 3 conditions from session to session (not dynamically during a session).

Offline Matthias Fisch

• Premier User
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 09. August 2015, 23:20:53 »
I will race under every conditions cause some situations need just balls and can bring up interessting situations on track. And hey...GT Racing is for men. ;-)
2017 NRE Porsche Racing Cup / 2016 infected by real ife and a little bit NRE GT3 Masters/ 2015 NRE GT3 Masters 2nd Place / 2014 NRE GT3 Masters 8th Place / 2013 NRE GT3 Masters McLaren GT3 3rd Place / 2012 NRE GT3 World Tour 2nd Place / 2011 NRE ILWS 2nd Place / 2009 & 2010 NRE ILWS Champion / 2008 NRE Champcar Challenge / 2003-2007 46 GNC Starts

« Reply #4 on: Monday, 10. August 2015, 07:47:34 »
 :thumbup:

anything